Wow! Just got back a few days ago from Dallas, and I have all sorts of things to share with you. The main theme that the presenters, speakers, and mentors kept saying was to STAY AUTHENTIC. I love this because I have been completely under the impression that it is best to stick to one topic when blogging if you want to be successful. And, while this business model does work well for some, it is not the only way that you have to do things.
The other super important take-away for me, was that I have GOT to develop a BUSINESS PLAN if I want my blog to be my full time business! (Which I do). So I already have a journal dedicated to this very purpose, and I cannot wait to share a bit of that with my readers along the way, throughout 2016.
Let me begin by saying that this was the most inspiring event I have aver attended. There were loads of fashion bloggers, creative women, adorable food and drinks, and great people watching! I didn't really realize the event was going to be mostly fashion influencers/bloggers, but it was great to see who is out there, and basically "who I am blogging beside".
They really did a lovely job decorating the Lofty Spaces, and every single inch of the place was like a perfect Instagram moment!
It was amazing seeing so many talented and motivated millennials who all want to run an online business or blog. There were people with quite a wide range of talents, as well as people who were at just about every stage of the game, from people who were just still conceptualizing their brand, blog, and business, to those who had been blogging for ten years, and were basically "social celebrities".
SOME KEY NOTES...
Some of the important notes I took include:
- To be inspiring, you need to also be inspired!
- Create a business that fulfills a need that people have.
- Take intelligent risks.
- your business pan needs to allot for revenue gain and need to be sustainable.
- Stay authentic
- You need to have a MISSION DRIVEN BUSINESS.
- Keep your original mission in mind the whole time you run your business.
- To be an entrepreneur, you need two things - WORK ETHIS & PASSION.
- Trust your voice
- You need a specific vision and voice.
- Curate, Collaborate, and Create
- Stay ahead of the trends
- Offline Interactions are even more important than those you are having online!
- Speaking engagements can bring in more money than blogging alone.
- Engage in platforms that facilitate communities.
NYLO DALLAS + PECAN LODGE BBQ