One of my favorite collaborations to date, I had the honor of creating recipes with PepsiCo products in honor of having the best Football Party Ever! I am also currently working on a Dedicated Board, that showcases all sorts of amazing recipes, and party ideas.
I created three recipes for project, and they all turned out really well! And, more info about the rules is below!
"Share your best game day dish using 2 or more @PepsiCo products. Enter by using #GameDayGrubMatchEntry. Such a fun contest, with big prizes too!"
Visit The #GameDayGrubMatch official site here!
RECIPE 1: SUN CHIPS POPCORN CHICKEN + TROPICANA FARMSTAND DIPPING SAUCE
INGREDIENTS FOR CHICKEN:
One full size bag (11.5 oz.) of Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips
4 Chicken Breasts
1 Cup of Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Salt To Taste
1 C. Flour
A food processor
1.) Fill the food processor with chips, and pulse until they are a breadcrumb consistency.
2.) Put the Sun Chips with the Shredded Parmesan and salt, into a bowl and set them aside.
3.) In a shallow bowl, beat the 4 eggs.
4.) Slice the chicken into bite sized pieces.
5.) Place the flour into a Ziploc bag, and put pieces of chicken into the bag to coat chicken.
6.) Dip each piece of floured chicken into the egg, making sure to let the excess egg drip off. Then dip into the crushed Sun Chips, coating evenly.
7.) Place each piece of breaded chicken onto the baking sheet and bake 20 mins. at 350 degrees
INGREDIENTS FOR FARMSTAND DIPPING SAUCE
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yield: about 1 1/4 cups of dipping sauce
INGREDIENTS FOR SAUCE:
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 4 small lemons)
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 5 small limes)
1/4 cup Tropicana Farmstand Juice
1/2 cup superfine sugar
Place all ingredients in a saucepan, and heat until it boils. Reduce heat and simmer 10-15 more minutes. To adjust recipe yield up or down, just use this simple formula: 2 parts lemon juice, 2 parts lime juice, 1 Tropicana Farmstand Juice, 2 parts superfine sugar. To alter the sweet/sour ratio, just use less or more sugar, to taste.
RECIPE 2: 3-INGREDIENT SIERRA MIST BERRY CAKE WITH QUAKER OATS CRUMBLE
(For The Cake) 1-2 Cans Sierra Mist, 1 Box White Cake Mix, 2 Bags Mixed Frozen Berries.
(For The Crumble) 2 Cups Quaker Old Fashioned Oats, 1/4 Cup (or less) Melted Butter, Cinnamon and Sugar.
(For The Cake) - This is SO incredibly EASY! Whip this up in a matter of minutes :)
- Spray cake pan with non-stick cooking spray, and dump 1 1/2 half bags of frozen berries into cake pan. Spread them out evenly.
- Dump the cake mix onto the berries. Make sure there are no big pieces of cake mix left, and just break them down with your hands.
- Now the most important part! Open a can of Sierra Mist, and gently and evenly pour the soda over the cake, making sure to soak every inch of the top. Do Not Mix! If you need to open a second can of soda, go for it! I used about 1 1/2 cans, on my second try at this cake.
(For The Crumble) - on a small baking sheet, lay down foil, and spread out the oats evenly. pour the melted butter over the oats, and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. bake for 10+ minutes on 350 degrees. Top Cake with crumble.
RECIPE 3: PEPSI GLAZED BACON + SABRA HUMMUS JALAPENO POPPERS
INGREDIENTS FOR JALAPENOS:
10 (or more) jalapenos, sliced in half, seeds removed
1 cup plain Sabra hummus
salt and pepper to taste
INSTRUCTIONS FOR JALAPENOS:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place jalapenos on a baking sheet. Drizzle tops with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for about 15 minutes or until soften. Remove from oven and cool. Place peppers on a plate. Place hummus in a Ziploc bag, cut the end corner off, and pipe the hummus on top of the jalapenos. Top with Pepsi Glazed Bacon. Enjoy!
INGREDIENTS FOR PEPSI GLAZED BACON:
½ lb thick-cut applewood smoked bacon
¼ cup Pepsi®
¼ cup whole grain mustard
¼ cup brown sugar
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BACON:
1. Cut bacon into 2 inch strips
2. Lay bacon out in single layer on a rack over a sheet tray.
3. Bake at 325°F until crispy.
4. Meanwhile, combine the Pepsi, mustard and sugar in a saucepan and heat until the sugar has dissolved.
5. Remove bacon from oven and drain fat from sheet tray. Brush on Pepsi glaze. Return to oven until lightly browned, for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, or until glaze is darkened and bubbly.
6. Allow to cool before handling. Cut into pieces to put on top of Jalapeno Poppers.
* Update 2/4/16 - PepsiCo has gotten over 4,700 Repins on the recipe and image I provided, that's incredible!!! See the image below, and check out the pin here.