A lovely, refreshing cocktail just for you! Our local Co-Op has so much great citrus fruit right now, that I was inspired to create this drink recipe, and the taste test proved that Blood Oranges are even better when mixed with a bit of Vodka, ha! Check out the recipe, below, and let me know if you try it out!
INGREDIENTS (PER 1 DRINK)
- 2 fl. oz. Fresh Squeezed Blood Orange Juice (Organic Preferred)
- 1 fl. oz. Stirrings Blood Orange Martini Mixer
- 1.5 fl. oz. Vodka of your choice
- Red Sugar Sprinkles + Organic Cane Sugar (or white sugar)
- In a shallow dish, mix a bit of red and white sugars.
- In another dish or plate, add a bit of water, to coat the bottom of the plate. Dip rim of martini glass(es) into sugar, as evenly as possible to avoid clumps.
- Mix ingredients + ice together, and pour into glass, using a metal strainer (or martini shaker).
- Thinly slice the Blood Orange, and put into the martini for an extra bit of garnish!