I'm here today, with some tips about staying healthy and hydrated this summer! This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NaturalAmericanGoodness #CollectiveBias
This summer seems to be hotter than any other one I can remember in a long time! It is so incredibly important to stay hydrated when the temps rise, especially if you are going to be doing anything outside. Here are a few tips on staying hydrated while having fun outside this summer!
HOST AN IMPROMPTU FUN DAY AT A STATE PARK
I am lucky to live near Giant City State Park here in southern Illinois. I chose this as the perfect setting for my hydration station, which I think turned out so well! I had pretty much every picnic spot to choose from, so I went with a shaded spot near a pretty stream. This would be an amazing backdrop for a healthy-inspired gathering, when you are just wanting to enjoy the outdoors!
I always try to shop for fruits and other fresh ingredients at a health food-oriented store like Whole Foods whenever possible! They have the absolute freshest selection! I just love it all :)
TIPS FOR STAYING HEALTHY AND HYDRATED
- Provide guests with lots of water! Mountain Valley Spring Water comes in these awesome bottles, and lots of new flavors, so be sure to check them out! It's natural, American spring water. I also love being able to use small jars and adorable paper straws adds a whimsical touch.
- Offer lots of fruits (and veggies if you like). Arrange cherries, raspberries, strawberries, canned Mandarin oranges, chopped pineapple, kiwi, blueberries, and blackberries in a rainbow, and look at people flock to that fruit!
- Offer healthy and low-fat snacks like pretzels and low salt popcorn. I thought these cute cups would be perfect for hand held snacks (see above)!
- Get active! If you live somewhere it's not blazing hot, or if you can handle the heat, provide friends with activities to play like a soccer ball, volley ball, hula hoops, and jump ropes - games that will help them rekindle their inner child.
- Don't forget a few extra items like: bug spray, sunscreen, paper towels, utensils, fresh flowers, music of some sort, and lots of water!
Visit the Mountain Valley website to see the history of their beautiful bottles, here
Giant City State Park was the perfect setting for these photos! Now, let me tell you a bit more about Mountain Valley Water.
- Mountain Valley Spring Water rises naturally to the surface of the earth where it is bottled – untouched – since established in 1871
- Unique blend of minerals, providing a clean, crisp, refreshing taste revered by foodies and chefs alike.
- Mountain Valley Spring Water is also highly regarded for its ease on digestion. With a 7.8 ph, the naturally high alkalinity of Mountain Valley Spring Water helps offset the stress of modern acidic diets.
- Mountain Valley Water is sodium free, naturally ionized and rich in minerals.
- Mountain Valley's spring is an invaluable natural resource and is an ancient part of the Ouachita Mountains in Arkansas.
The water made for a perfect companion for just about any adventure around the park! Hiking, Horse Back Riding, and Scenic Drives are the best activities to do in Giant City.