This Italian inspired dessert has been described as "sexual" and will make your tastebuds go crazy! Perhaps this recipe will start off your weekend just right! But in all seriousness, since this is a no-bake treat, and can be served in individual jars, it's perfect for summer parties, and everyone is going to love this recipe.
Both rich and somehow light at the same time, the homemade whipped ricotta filling and the familiar taste of coffee really make for a decadent treat.
Easy Eggless No-Bake Tiramisu
Prep Time: 20 min + chill time
· 1 cup (250ml) whipping cream
· 1 cup (250g) mascarpone, softened
· 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
· 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract
· 1&1/2 cups espresso or very strong coffee, cooled
· 2 tbsp (30ml) coffee liquor (I used Kahlua)
· 2 dozen lady fingers
· 2 tbsp cocoa powder
1. Beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
2. Mix the mascarpone, sugar and vanilla until combined. Add in the whipped cream and beat again until smooth.
3. Prep small Ball jars by removing all lids, rinsing and drying thoroughly, and setting them all out onto a tray or surface.
3. Stir the coffee and liqueur together. Lightly dip 2-3 lady fingers into the coffee mixture, then place the 2-3 lady fingers into the jars to create the bottom layer of the dessert. Make sure not to soak the lady fingers too much or there will be lots of coffee left in the bottom of the jars. Repeat in all jars.
The Kahlua is optional but adds a nice kick and authentic flavor to the flavor of this dessert!
4. Using the small ice cream scooper, scoop a generous amount of the ricotta mixture over each jar, making them look as much like a perfect scoop of ice cream as possible.
5. Sprinkle cocoa powder (or even hot cocoa mix) through a metal strainer over top of each jar. A light dusting of the cocoa powder really gives them a nicer, upscale look. Enjoy!
The other fun thing about this post is that I get to show off my new kitchen update, we painted and I installed new "tiles" from The Smart Tiles, here!