I never really loved Puppy Chow back in jr. high when everyone else was freaking out about buying it from our bake sales at school. I love chocolate, but for some reason, it was always way too rich for me and I never got into it.
Until now! This recipe primarily tastes like peanut butter, white chocolate, and of course, powdered sugar.
4 1/2 cups Rice Chex™ cereal (or any brand will do!)
1/2 cup white vanilla baking chips - I like the white chocolate chips from Ghirardelli.
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup red, white and pink candy-coated chocolate candies (like M&M's)
2 tablespoons festive sprinkles
- In a double boiler over medium heat (or in the microwave), melt the butter, white chocolate chips, and peanut butter until combined and smooth.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the cereal and mix as thoroughly as you can, coating all of the cereal.
- Now, sift the powdered sugar over the cereal mixture, using a metal strainer works well! Mix as much as you can, and add more powdered sugar as needed to coat the cereal!
- Lastly, add the sprinkles and chocolate candies, and serve!
SERVING & PACKAGING IDEAS:
- Carry the Puppy Chow in a festive tin to the office, or your party! Encourage guests to grab a little scoop of the treats in these heart-themed cups.
- If you want individual party favors, put the puppy chow into the heart cups, and slide them into a clear treat bag. Tie with ribbon, then add a metallic heart doily to the ribbon and tie into a bow! (See below)
What is your favorite Valentine's Day snack or memory? Let me know in the comments below!