Winter is the perfect time of year for giving gifts that help your friends and family stay comfy. For instance, that perfectly soft and cozy blanket that will be used and appreciated almost every evening. Read on to see more gift ideas.Read More
Bring on the glitter, shimmer, and fun in hues of silver and white. This is my go-to decorating palette for this year, and I am so excited to share some fun holiday goodies with you today!Read More
I never really loved Puppy Chow back in jr. high when everyone else was freaking out about buying it from our bake sales at school. I love chocolate, but for some reason, it was always way too rich for me and I never got into it.
Until now! This recipe primarily tastes like peanut butter, white chocolate, and of course, powdered sugar.
4 1/2 cups Rice Chex™ cereal (or any brand will do!)
1/2 cup white vanilla baking chips - I like the white chocolate chips from Ghirardelli.
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup red, white and pink candy-coated chocolate candies (like M&M's)
2 tablespoons festive sprinkles
- In a double boiler over medium heat (or in the microwave), melt the butter, white chocolate chips, and peanut butter until combined and smooth.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the cereal and mix as thoroughly as you can, coating all of the cereal.
- Now, sift the powdered sugar over the cereal mixture, using a metal strainer works well! Mix as much as you can, and add more powdered sugar as needed to coat the cereal!
- Lastly, add the sprinkles and chocolate candies, and serve!
SERVING & PACKAGING IDEAS:
- Carry the Puppy Chow in a festive tin to the office, or your party! Encourage guests to grab a little scoop of the treats in these heart-themed cups.
- If you want individual party favors, put the puppy chow into the heart cups, and slide them into a clear treat bag. Tie with ribbon, then add a metallic heart doily to the ribbon and tie into a bow! (See below)
What is your favorite Valentine's Day snack or memory? Let me know in the comments below!