I have a real treat for you! The perfect mid-afternoon snack to eat on a snowy Sunday... Bacon-Wrapped Pineapple Rings! They taste super good and are actually fun to create. It took a little bit of time, but they were easy none the less.
WHAT YOU NEED:
* 4 - 5 Pineapple Rings (We bought a fresh pineapple that was packaged near the fruit coolers, and cut them into super thick slices). A Can of pineapple also works.
* 10 slices (1 Package) of Thinly Sliced Bacon (I like Applegate Organic)
* Toothpicks or short skewer sticks.
* Metal Baking Rack - place into baking dish
*Shallow 9x13 Baking Dish
* Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Open the package of bacon, and prepare/cut/or drain your pineapples. Set out a decent amount of toothpicks into a shallow dish so they are easy to use.
*To construct: Set one pineapple ring onto a cutting board or clean surface. Take the first slice of bacon, begin to wrap it around the pineapple, and continue with 1-2 more pieces of bacon per ring. Secure with toothpicks. Now, place each Bacon Pineapple Ring onto the Baking Rack.
* Bake for 15-20 minutes, on the top rack of the oven. You may need up to ten minutes more, depending on your oven. Make sure you do not burn them, and enjoy!