This post was sponsored by Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry. All thoughts and opinions are my own. #InspiredByPuff
Puff Pastry adds a unique twist to recipes. It’s light and airy, and also a bit crispy, and you’ve likely never had cinnamon rolls like these before! After you eat these cinnamon rolls, you will never want to go back to the pre-made ones. This more homemade version can also be made (prepared and sliced) ahead of time, then baked just a few minutes before needed. Check out this delicious recipe for crispy, crunchy cinnamon rolls with an ooey gooey center. They’re perfect for brunch, holidays, and everyday meals!
If you’re seeking new and innovative recipes, try incorporating Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets! They add an elegant touch and a very upscale taste to nearly any dish you can imagine.
One of my favorite ways to connect with friends and family is through food. I enjoy creating special treats for these people, and when I use Puff Pastry, I feel like I am providing a meaningful experience as well as a valued connection. If you’re someone who likes to plan ahead and make that extra effort to offer food that is a little bit more elevated (yet still simple), this recipe would be perfect for you! The crispy, flaky outer layer comes from the light and flaky texture of the Puff Pastry, while the interior of the cinnamon rolls stays soft and warm. I chose to use Puff Pastry in this recipe because it’s the most delicious ingredient I can incorporate without being too overly complicated. This recipe is delicious beyond words.
Also, since this recipe uses only a few ingredients, it’s great for a last minute treat too. The Puff Pastry Sheets do need to be thawed, so that would be the only other prep work required. I always make sure to have 1-2 packages of Puff Pastry in the freezer, because it makes life easy! Not only will your creations turn out beautifully, you know that the versatility of Puff Pastry means that it’s a top choice for just about any occasion.
(Makes 9-10 cinnamon rolls, or more if you slice them thinner):
(For The Dough)
½ Package of Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed*
*To that at room temperature, remove the pastry sheets from the box and outer wrapping; thaw for no more than 40 minutes. To thaw in the microwave, remove 1 pastry sheet from the box and outer wrapping and wrap in a paper towel; microwave on HIGH for 15 seconds, turn it over and repeat!
(For The Cinnamon Filling)
½ cup butter
1-2 tbsp. cinnamon
½-3/4 cup brown sugar
(For The Icing)
1 tsp. maple syrup
1 tbsp. milk or cream
¾ cup powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and open your Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets. Grab one of the sheets of Puff Pastry, and save the other one for later in a gallon size zip top bag. Prepare your mini muffin tin by spraying it with non-stick spray, then spread with paper towel to disperse evenly.
On a board covered with parchment paper, place the dough, and pinch any seams/folds together so they are as flat as possible. You can also use a rolling pin during this step.
3. Using a silicone or wooden spatula, spread a thin layer of the cinnamon, brown sugar, and butter spread as evenly as possible. Make sure you do not go all the way to the edges, to prevent a mess.
4. Use both hands to carefully and evenly roll the sheets into a “log” shape. For best results, freeze the log for about ten minutes.
5. Using a sharp knife, carefully make marks ¾” apart, then cut slices from the log. Try to keep the slices as round as possible. If the dough log becomes soft during cutting, then place it back into the freezer for 5-10 minutes and cut the rest of the slices.
Note – if you want to make more cinnamon rolls, simply cut thinner slices from the dough and bake for 5 less minutes.
6. Place each slice into the prepared muffin tin, and bake (on top of another baking sheet to prevent butter from spilling out when baking) for 15-18 minutes, until outer pastry is golden and puffy (not wet or doughy).
7. Once cinnamon rolls are baked, carefully remove them from the muffin tin with a fork, and place on plate to serve.
8. Make your icing while they are baking, by combining powdered sugar, maple syrup, and milk in a bowl and stirring with a spoon until smooth.
9. Drizzle icing onto cinnamon rolls and enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE RECIPES…