These treats were a real hit with my little Chocolate Lab, Cabbie. We always try to make sure we only give our dog the very best. Whether it be food, we give her Solid Gold Barking At The Moon, or what treats she gets, it is always the best we can possibly get. I was checking out different dog treat recipes, and came across this one. I love how it has only all-natural ingredients and does not contain chicken broth, salt, or sugar - these were much more mild for her tummy.
Cabbie helped me with EVERY step of this project. She absolutely loves these treats!
- 3 cups oats
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- Place the oatmeal into a food processor and pulse it until it's not so coarse, but it doesn't need to be a fine as flour.
- Add oatmeal, pumpkin, peanut butter cinnamon baking powder and eggs to bowl on mixer and blend on medium until it's all mixed.
- Roll out with a little flour and cut with cookie cutters.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool on rack until completely cooled.
- Place in airtight container to keep them fresh, or in the freezer. I keep them in the freezer, they don't freeze solid as there is little liquid. This is important!!!